Wes-Tex is committed to complying with U.S. copyright and related laws and requires all customers and users of the internet services to comply with these laws. Accordingly, you may not store any material or content on, or disseminate any material or content over, the internet services in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by U.S. copyright law.
DMCA Compliance Policy
It is the policy of Wes-Tex Telephone Cooperative and Wes-Tex Telecommunications, (“Wes-Tex”) to promptly process and investigate notices of alleged copyright infringement on sites underits control and to take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”) with respect to any claims of copyright infringement.Pursuant to the DMCA, Wes-Tex has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring on its Web pages or computer servers. If you believe that your copyright work is being infringed on a Wes-Tex site, please notify our designated agent at:
ATTN: Darren Patrick
P.O. Box 280
Stanton, Texas 79782
Phone: (432) 756-3393
Fax: (432) 756-2659
Contents of Notice
The DMCA requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement must be in writing. When informing the designated agent of an alleged copyright infringement, you should:
1. Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are involved, please provide a list of the works on that site.
2. Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permit Wes-Tex to locate that material.
3. Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address.
4. Certify or include a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyright-protected material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner’s agent, or law.
5. Certify that the information that you have provided Wes-Tex is accurate. You should attest under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to enforce the copyrights that you allege have been infringed.
6. Include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Wes-Tex may not be able to act on your complaint promptly or at all if you do not provide the information required in the “Contents of Notice”.
Before you allege an infringement, you should consult copyright materials to confirm that the use is, in fact, infringing. The United States Copyright Office provides basic information that can help you determine whether an exception or defense, such as fair use, may apply to the use of your copyrighted work.
Notice and Takedown Procedure
Wes-Tex expects all users of its system to comply with applicable copyright laws. However, if Wes-Tex is notified of a claimed copyright infringement, or otherwise becomes aware of facts and circumstances from which infringement is apparent, it will respond appropriately, which may include removing or disabling access to material that is claimed to be infringing. Wes-Tex will follow the procedures outlined in the DMCA with regard to appropriate notifications of the users and the complaining party, acceptance of counter notifications, and where indicated, putback of the alleged infringing material. Refer to the United States Copyright Office for a summary of the provisions of the DMCA.
Where it has been clearly established that a Wes-Tex user is a repeat offender, Wes-Tex may terminate that individual’s account.