BEFORE DIGGING, PLEASE CALL THE TEXAS ONE CALL SYSTEM AT 1-800-344-8377. PLEASE HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION READY WHEN YOU CALL:
- Your Name
- Telephone Number
- Fax Number
- Are you a contractor, utility member, homeowner or other?
- Business Mailing Address
- Work date and time
Answers to questions 7 through 13 should be as detailed as possible. This information is used to determine which members will be notified for your work site.
- County and town/community work is being done in
- In or out of the town corporate limits
- Worksite address
- Nearest intersection or cross street/road
- Longitude and Latitude
- Length, direction and depth of excavation. Direction is given in main compass points (e.g. North, east, southwest, etc.) From the beginning of the work site. This applies to excavations of length more so than single site excavations. Depth of excavation helps our members to determine if they have to provide more than just marking their lines (e.g. Determine depth of the lines, have locator on site etc.)
- Same as 12
- Is work site marked with white?
- Will there be blasting?
- Type of work
- Is work in street, sidewalk, private property or other?
- Who is work being done for?
- Contact name and phone number
- Alternate contact
You may wish to give additional (e.g. driving instructions, land marks, meeting requests, etc.) pertaining to the locate request. Detailed information of exact excavation site is particularly helpful.